Wow, the last two weeks have been crazy! I was allowed to have two entire weeks off for cultural readjustment, and those two weeks were over yesterday. I did so many fun things the past couple of weeks, but I am not quite ready to start MPD yet! I just got back from a week-long beach trip for graduation last night at 11pm, and I'm still staying at other people's houses instead of my home, so I still feel like I need to relax some more before I start working. I was so glad to be busy the last 2 weeks since I got really bored in Venezuela a lot of times, but I haven't had any time to just think or be by myself during this time, so it will be really nice to get back home and catch up on thinking.
A brief summary of my time so far:
I stayed with one friend a night for four nights in a row (Jamie, Danielle, Sarah, Nicole), which was really fun to catch up on sleepovers. It was so fun to spend time with so many of my good friends in such a short amount of time and catch up with everyone...I also got to see Sherri and Nicole too.
We went to Casa!!
Whit and I had a really fun day together.....and got engaged!!!! Which totally deserves its own separate post. We did a lot of fun things and hung out all day. Whit really thought out the whole day and I loved all of it. We had fun celebrating at a fancy dinner and then with our friends that night (and Whit got to hang out with his good guy friends a couple of days later).
I got to see Evan graduation...there were THREE ceremonies, which was kind of a lot to have to sit through, but they were all pretty fun since they were centered around God. Tons of people and family came to Evan's party and it was a beautiful day so I loved getting to enjoy that picnic and catch up with everyone. I was so exhausted afterwards though! Me and Whit got to be engaged together with everyone so that was fun :)
I came to Blacksburg...which I have missed tremendously! It feels great to be back here. It was overwhelming seeing everyone and being around so many people my age so I had to get used to hanging out with a big group and talking to people again. We went out for Janelle's birthday which I enjoyed. I also got to go to church with Whit, which I miss, and listen to a sermon in English, which is the best, and it was potluck Sunday! :)
We had a fun road trip to the beach and finally escaped from all the nasty weather down the east coast and had beautiful weather all week. We went down to my parents' house in Georgia with the girls from our class to celebrate graduation. I was nervous about having so many people (14 girls!) at our relatively small house, but it didn't seem like that many people, and I'm really glad we got to go to my house....it helped me feel more comfortable since I had been out of the country for a while so it was easier than going to someone else's house. We went to the beach every day and went out to a karaoke bar one night and played catch phrase and shared secrets the other nights.
Now I have so many things to do! I haven't been able to do anything with planning for the wedding yet since I have been gone, and I also have to start working on support. I have a lot of things on my list to do so I will start them soon but I wanted to catch up on my blog since I have been absent for awhile. It's great to be back! :)
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment