I think I just set a record for the most hours spent driving/in a car over the course of 4 days.
Friday - Drove: 10 hours. Rode in the car: 2 hours. Total travel time: 14 hours (2 hour lunch stop in Savannah - soo fun!)
Sunday - Rode in the car: 3 hours.
Monday - Rode in the car: 3 hours. Drove: 5 hours. Total travel time: 8 hours (plus a stop in Blacksburg).
Also to help you understand how excited I am that I finally got home last night, let me tell you where all I went (all wrapped up into one trip):
Mechanicsville
Lynchburg
Blacksburg
Georgia/Florida
Blacksburg
Mechanicsville
Blacksburg
then finally home!!
I was a little stressed before I left because I was going to be going to 4 different places including the beach for a week. When I started packing I had only been home for 5 nights. And it was rainy/cold, so it was really hard to believe that I was going to need shorts and a bathing suit at the beach.
Anyways, the trip got twisted when my AC decided to croak on the way back from Georgia. We were two hours from Blacksburg (after getting lost because we didn't have directions. Always a good plan to just wing it, right? We missed our exit by 100 miles...whoops!) when my car started making a funny sound. They said it'd be alright to drive to the burg, but that I'd need to get it fixed ASAP so my car didn't totally fail. Unfortunately they couldn't work on it Saturday and weren't open Sunday, so I had to leave my car in Blacksburg while I rode to Richmond with Whit to watch the lost finally. After much drama, Evan ended up taking me to Blacksburg on Monday to pick up my car "on his way" to Lynchburg (okay, Blacksburg's just a little out of the way...). We left with 3.5 hours to make it to the shop, which should have been fine (just barely), but we were stopped in traffic for 45 minutes due to a wreck (I have never been stopped for traffic on 64 before! What luck!). So I called and paid over the phone and they left the keys in the car...risky move but it worked out okay.
On the way home, my dad instructed me to take 66 instead of going up to 77 (and avoiding the DC area) since it'd be late at night so there wouldn't be traffic....well there wasn't traffic but there was construction. They blocked off the 495 exit and before I knew what was going on I was staring at the Washington Monument! Hello Obama! The city was beautiful at night but I was freaking out because I was mad that the construction made me detour through this city with terrible infrastructure...oh nation you are not displaying our intelligence and ingenuity in the road systems of your capital. I could've gotten home a little earlier had I taken the other road or not gotten off on the detour but I still made it back by about 1am so the road trippin is finally over! I am SO excited about being home this week and relaxing and recharging. I have TONS on my to-do list (wedding plans, starting support raising, in addition to the other things I have to do in normal life). I got a lot done today but I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up...6 more months?? It will be fun though. Especially since I get to go dress shopping with my girls next week...and it will definitely all be worth it come November 6! :D
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment