Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Tribute to Summer

I am so looking forward to summertime! It is absolutely the best time of the year. I love it because there are so many fun things to do that aren't available throughout the rest of the year. I also love the weather of course - it's so warm and cozy outside...comfortable like the air is hugging you with its precious warmth. Summer holds all of my favorite memories (pretty much).


I have SO so many fun things planned for this summer, and I am so excited about doing all of those things! Here are some things that will make me happy:
*Phish blowing my mind at 5 different shows; traveling with Whit to NC for two of those shows; going with a big group of people to the show at Va beach; hanging out in the parking lots before the shows and meeting different people and seeing their passion for Phish (and hopefully getting into spiritual conversations with them to show them how much greater God is than Phish); experiencing joy with God as I enjoy the euphoria of the music.
*My roommates from last year coming up to MD to stay at my house; enjoying a chill night at a Jack Johnson concert.
*Eating a crab pretzel at this awesome restaurant on the harbor.
*Driving!!!
*Staying up late and being silly playing nertz and eating snacks.
*Getting Tropical Smoothies and Sonic slushes and Rita's ice.
*Seeing my friends who I haven't seen in 8 months; sleepovers.
*Danielle's wedding!
*Hanging out with Tech girls in Georgia for a week at the beach.
*Taking my puppy to the park.
*Family reunion in the beautiful mountains of Asheville, NC.
*FINALLY getting our crew together for a trip to the beach.
*Going to Liberty to celebrate Evan's graduation.
*Riding bikes, picking blueberries, swimming, laying out, reading, shopping.
(Some of those aren't plans, but I will surely do them!)


In honor of summer, where music is best appreciated, I'll list my favorite songs from my favorite bands that all make summer perfect when listened to in the car with the windows down or at the beach. Tip: This could make an excellent mix if you have a blank CD laying around. ;)

Mike's Song, Phish. http://www.amazon.com/Hampton-Comes-Alive-Phish/dp/tracks/B00002Z88F/ref=dp_tracks_all_full#disc_1

Warehouse, Dave Matthews Band. http://www.amazon.com/Central-Park-Concert-Dave-Matthews/dp/B0000UJLMS/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836265&sr=1-14

Good People, Jack Johnson. http://www.amazon.com/Between-Dreams-Jack-Johnson/dp/B0007GAEVW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836365&sr=1-3

Bullet Holes, Dispatch. http://www.amazon.com/Gut-Van-Dispatch/dp/B000679N64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836410&sr=1-1

Make You Mine, Donavon Frankenreiter. http://www.amazon.com/Donavon-Frankenreiter/dp/B0001XLVM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836438&sr=1-1

Daughters, John Mayer. http://www.amazon.com/Heavier-Things-John-Mayer/dp/B0000ALSDR/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836471&sr=1-6

Don't Leave Just Yet, Needtobreathe. http://www.amazon.com/Daylight-Needtobreathe/dp/B000EHQ8DW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836546&sr=1-4

Fringes, Shane & Shane. http://www.amazon.com/Evening-Shane/dp/B000AQACY8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836587&sr=1-4

The Masked Marvel, Vince Guaraldi. http://www.amazon.com/Alma-Ville-Vince-Guaraldi/dp/B0006Q0XVY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836619&sr=1-10

Hello Old Friend, Eric Clapton. http://www.amazon.com/Cream-Clapton-Eric/dp/B000001EEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836651&sr=1-1

He Was There, David Crowder. http://www.amazon.com/All-Can-David-Crowder-Band/dp/B0001594O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836932&sr=1-1

Wet, Disco Biscuits. http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Four-Fly-Dig/dp/B000EQ5QD6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836820&sr=1-3

Light My Fire, the Doors. http://www.amazon.com/Best-Doors/dp/B000002H22/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272836687&sr=1-7



Bonuses:
Claire de Lune, Claude Debussy.
Take My Hand, Shawn McDonald.
Is This Love, Bob Marley.
This Isn't a Dream, Jenny & Tyler.
Don't Know Why, Norah Jones.
The Setting Sun, Switchfoot.
Be My Escape, Relient K.

2 comments:

  1. Sydni, you are a blogging machine!! Way to go, girl. I cannot believe you are going HOME this weekend! I am a little bit jealous, but I know my time will come soon. Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog today, and I'll be sure to check back each of the next few days too. I'm excited for you to be coming home so soon! I hope you have a great summer :) Enjoy your last few days in Venezuela!

    ReplyDelete