I can't believe I am already home. It was absolutely crazy saying goodbye to people and packing up -it didn't seem real. It was probably good that it seemed surreal because otherwise it would have been much harder. Thanks for lots of prayers, my flights were fine and my luggage all made it. I was over the limit on one suitcase (actually both, but he let the first one slide because it was only a couple of pounds). I would have been charged $100 but we convinced him to only have to pay $50 since I was only half a kilo over. It was a good thing we convinced him because we wouldn't have had enough Bs to pay any more, let alone double! When I got home, I found 1liquid item bust but it wasn't too bad. I was so glad that I got to fly back with Kaitlin - it made it much easier to have someone to talk to, and we had fun reading Sky Mall, watching Did You Hear About the Morgans?, and going through customs. We barely got to say goodbye though because we had gotten lunch and then they called final boarding call and I was about 8 gates away! So we said goodbye quickly and then I had to run! Haha I loved it though - I've always wanted to have to do that, although I was a bit worried about not getting on the flight. Airports are maybe the only excuse for anyone to run in public and have it be completely normal.
It has been so great being back. Everything feels so fresh and new. Kind of like I just woke up from a coma. I don't really know how to describe that feeling and I just thought of coming out of a coma...I think that might be the best description hahah. It feels like I haven't existed and now all of a sudden I do again, so experiencing everything again is so fun and fresh! For example, I put my things in my Vera Bradley purse. I didn't have a cell phone yet, but I remembered how fun it would be to have one and how different that would be to be able to call and text people here. I had a purse and phone in VZ but it just wasn't the same.
The best part about being back is how GORGEOUS maryland is!! It's late spring which means that everything is luscious and green but it's warm outside. It's the most perfect weather/place I've ever been. It was so amazing driving down our road and seeing all the grass and tress - things I have not seen in 8 months!! The weather is perfect outside - if it was any cooler I might get chilly, but the first day I was back I laid out on the deck and it was so sunny and beautiful and it looked like we were on a golf course because the grass was so green. :)
The other reason it's so beautiful here is because EVERYTHING smells SOOOO good!! I guess that things didn't smell good in Venezuela because I really notice how great everything smells here. Oh my gosh, when I got into my jeep, it smelled just like it did when I got it. I think it always smells like that, but I'm not used to smelling it. I got to drive around yesterday, which was the best thing ever!! It smelled great (and reminded me of a lot of memories I have driving), I listened to DMB and Phish which sound awesome in my stereo (as opposed to ipod or computer), and the breeze and sun felt so perfect. I drove to Chick Fil A to eat lunch with my mom before going to the dentist. I can't believe I hadn't eaten Chick Fil A all year (just once in December) - I used to get it every other day, sometimes every day, when I was at Tech. I kept saying, oh I should've gotten this (sweet tea), I should've gotten that (a wrap), but fortunately I will have lots more times to go!! The funny thing was how much CFA reminded me of McDonald's, hahah! It was set up pretty much the same as the one in VZ that I always went to, and that was the only fast food place I went to there (besides Wendy's, which looks very different), so I kept thinking about it haha.
My first meal back was MEXICAN, of course!! Every Mexican place in MD is way overpriced - my enchiladas and taco cost about as much as they would anywhere else, but were half the size! So sad. The churro for dessert made it up for it - it was delicious.
Oh and Evan got a new car!! Well, my parents got him a used car. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but I love it after riding in it - it's huge inside and so smooth and has nice tight steering. He will love it! (He hasn't seen it yet.)
Well, now I am off to eat a donut and get ready to get my hair cut and then probably go to the park with Whit (and maybe Lady). :D
PSThanks for the comments friends! :)
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so happy you are home! enjoy time with the family & Whit and see you in a week <3
ReplyDelete