Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Fall!

Bienvenidos October! I never knew how much I loved fall until I was missing it! I saw on someone's status the other day that it was 41 degrees! That is fully 60 degrees colder than the temperature here! That is crazy! Imagine what it feels like outside when it's 60 degrees - pretty warm. Add that to the temperature that it actually was, and that's how HOT it is here! Hahaha. I love it though! I might be able to go to home around Christmas-time, and I keep thinking of all the places I miss and would like to go to, like Short Pump and Carytown, but then I think about it being freezing cold and it makes me not want to go as much! Hahah I am really enjoying the summer weather here. I don't think I'll ever get tired of summer. We'll see. It is just so perfect to step outside at my favorite time of day, dusk, and feel perfectly warm. I love being outside at night and not being chilly at all wearing a tank top and shorts. The other day I got chilly here when I was inside after eating a smoothie. I was getting the chills! I was like, "What is this strange feeling? I need to go outside and heat up again!" It does get extremely hot, but I am very glad that it's hot and not 41 degrees! But enjoy fall for me. And go buy a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle and smell it for me. It's the perfect fall smell. :)

3 comments:

  1. its a surprising 70 degrees here today & i went and got a pumpkin today (which made me think of you because of the whole 'harvest is plentiful' postcard prayer things with the pumpkins. also, we were talking about the pumpkin muffins you made last year too.

    <3 LP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I saw your pumpkin patch pictures - they were great. Looks like you're having a great time with your Bible study! Hahaha I made those muffins so many times. I miss them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely beginning to get chilly here! I would prefer the warmth though, so if you enjoy the warmth for me, I'll enjoy pumpkin pies and the smells of fall for you! ...and I totally understand what you said about the grocery store in your other post! When I was in Spain, there were certain foods I really craved, one of which was fresh baked cookies (especially chocolate chip!)- pretty much all they had were Maria cookies, which are a mix between a sugar cookie and a cracker. It sounds weird and gross, but I actually grew to love them! Maybe they have them in Venezuela too? Hopefully you'll be able to discover some good secrets to eating down there :)
    <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete