Thursday, October 8, 2009
Witnesses
My favorite part about ministry the past week has been talking to Maria, a Jehovah's witness. One day Kaitlin, Chelsea, Crystal, and I decided to go sharing together, found a table, and set up all the Soularium pictures, hoping to attract attention and talk to a lot of people. The only girls that came over to us were 3 Jehovah's witnesses. After only one or two questions, we found out they were Jehovah's witnesses after telling them that we are Christians. They immediately decided they needed to leave for class. I was really disappointed that we didn't get to the spiritual questions - I really wanted to find out what they would say about their spiritual journey and who God is. I wanted to see further into their lives to see if they were satisfied in their religion or not. Fortunately, after some time (we found another group of girls to talk to), we saw the girls walking around (they apparently didn't have class - very typical). We talked to the two girls for a long time, finding out more about what they believe. It was very interesting. We got their contact information and hoped to talk to them again sometime. The next time we were on campus, I went sharing with Chelsea. I suggested that we go over to the economics side of campus to see if we would run into our Jehovah's witness friends again. Chelsea shot down the chance that we would see them, but we walked over to that side anyway. Lo and behold, Chelsea saw Maria! She was free to talk to us, and she had even prepared to see us again! She had printed out an English guide to what they believe about the Holy Spirit. I had prepared, too! Over the weekend I had listened to a couple of sermons about Jesus being God. I explained the Trinity to her, and time passed very quickly. I wanted to stay and get lunch with her to just talk to her about her life, but Chelsea thought we should meet our team to go have lunch with the servant team. Maria suggested that she come to our apartment with her English-speaking cousin on Saturday, but we ended up deciding to meet for a little while the next time we were on campus. Yesterday we were supposed to meet her, but she didn't show up, so we started talking to other people. She found us and said hi but had to run to class. I really want her to realize that the bible she believes in is not inspired by God and in fact has been altered from the truth. I want her to be able to read our Bible and not be deceived any longer. Pray that we can see her again, build a relationship with her, and show her the truth in love. I think she really wants to continue meeting with us with the intention of converting us. Pray that the Holy Spirit will open her heart to hearing the truth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will be praying for Maria. It's awesome that you've already run into her so many times!
ReplyDeleteDivine appointments are a beautiful thing!
ReplyDelete