Friday, November 27, 2009

aruba, jamaica, ooh i wanna take ya...

In 12 hours i will be en route to ARUBA!!!! I am too excited to put into words. I am so excited about relaxing and having a vacation, and getting away from venezuela. It will be an excellent break. When I come back, we will have a Christmas party (or 2) - gotta have something to look forward to! I bought a lot of excellent music to listen to on the beach, and am hoping to spend as much time possible on the beach and not inside or at the pool. I am also hoping to spend a lot of time with God - doing quiet times on the beach in the morning and such. I have been thinking and saying I want to windsurf in Aruba. I better do it!! I love adventurous sports like that. I have been wanting to try kitesurfing ever since I saw someone do it a few years ago. It looked really fun, and I heard that it was very easy to stay up once you get up. I have also heard that Aruba has the best wind of anywhere - great for sailing...or windsurfing. I looked up both sports online, and apparently kitesurfing is much more dangerous than windsurfing, and I think more expensive as well. Anyways, hopefully I will get to learn a new skill! :)

4 comments:

  1. aww, have FUN Sydni!! We just got back from our visa renewal trip to Prague today and it was a blast. Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Aruba? I hope you had a great time, Sydni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sydni!! how was aruba!? i hope it was really refreshing and fun and that you got some good time with your team and with Jesus! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, i just saw that you guys have a blog called stories from the soul pod and i almost fell off my chair. you guys are so funny!

    ReplyDelete