Friday, February 26, 2010

Scratch That

The thing I am longing for most right now is for the devil to be locked away and punished forever. I am just SO SO SO sick of him!! The last 3 times I've traveled since coming here this year I have been SO attacked. The whole point of these trips is a relaxing, refreshing time away from the craziness of living life in a foreign country. My deepest desire for these trips is that they would just happen normally. However, there has always been something to keep me from getting to my destination where I can be at peace. For Aruba, we waited from 12pm until 9pm to board our flight (only compensation - one measly ham and cheese sandwich). For the Keys, there was bad weather and we had to sit on the plane for 2 hours on a tarmac in the Bahamas (that didn't bother me that much because it was out of people's control). Today, we arrived to the airport at 9am for our 11am flight (which was WAAAAY too early, we probably needed to get there 30-45 minutes early). As SOON as we got there, they told us our flight had been pushed back to 1:50pm. Flashback to Aruba, where I would have probably killed someone to get on that flight any sooner if that had been an option. It's just SO frustrated to have a delayed flight when there is no reason for it. Aruba and Curacao are literally a 30 minute flight. Just borrow a plane for goodness sakes and then return it an hour later. The problem today was that when they called everyone to board at 4pm, we went to check our luggage in and THEY WERE CLOSED! We felt like the biggest idiots and were completely misinformed. Because of our sin of getting there early, we found out ahead of time that our flight was delayed, so we didn't see any point in checking our bags yet (everyone else found out after checking in). We were just SO lied to by the devil. He then tried to convince us that we were stupid for believing his lies. AAARGH. There is no way that without interference the 4 of us would have just not checked our bags in. For me personally, I thought someone told me that this was the plan: the plane would arrive, they would open the check-in (an hour before boarding, while they prepared the plane), and then we would be allowed to board. That was clearly just a lie. So we found no favor with the airline company and they told us we couldn't go today, but changed our tickets to Sunday (they only fly Friday, Sunday, and Wednesday). I am so bummed that our trip will be cut in half. I love islands and the beach so much and the trip would just be such a blessing to me, but instead it is causing me stress. Jesus, please come back soon and rescue us from injustice!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment