Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm excited because Whit and I are celebrating 3 years together today! (It sounds like such a long time, but it has gone by so quickly!) He figured out a way to surprise me with a dozen red roses! They were on my desk when I came home from church. So sweet. :)

This weekend is Carnivales, a huge Caribbean-wide holiday. It is actually on Monday and Tuesday (no classes), but people celebrate during the weekend too. On Friday night we went to see Valentine's Day at the mall - cute movie! I laughed a lot during it, but it was pretty weird. I think it'd be hard to sit through again, but I'm glad I saw it. When we were leaving we saw a bunch of little kids dressed up in cute costumes! My favorite was this ADORABLE teeny-tiny little girl dressed up as a ladybug!! She was teeeensy but she was walking around...she was precious.

Yesterday we went to the waterpark, Aguamania. I am so glad I live in Venezuela so I can lay out in the sun and ride water slides in February! It was the most beautiful day, of course, with clear blue skies and no shortage of sun to warm our skin as we float down the lazy river. They were celebrating Carnivales too, and had set up a catwalk over one of the pools for a bikini contest (which we did not watch or take part in, despite the incentive of getting a year of free passes to the park if you won, haha). One time I walked over to the pool to cool off after laying out for awhile and there was a dance instructor (like water aerobics) on the catwalk with hundreds of people packed in the pool dancing along to the music. It was hilarious...Venezuelans are so great, they love to dance so much. You would never see that many people getting into the music in the US.

In just a couple of weeks our team is taking our next visa renewal to Curacao! I'm so excited because it was my first choice of where to go. After this trip, I will have been to the ABCDs of the Caribbean (Aruba, Bahamas, Curaco, Dominican Republic). One of the reasons I'm most excited about this trip is because we are staying in a VILLA! (that I helped find!) If you know how excited I was last year about researching great villas, you know how exciting this is for me. Haha. This is the place we're staying if you want to look at it:
www.curacao-villas.com/en/sunset.html

1 comment:

  1. it looks awesome sydni!!!! such a pretty villa - y'all will have a great time! good job finding it :)

    ReplyDelete