I was about to start writing a list of eventful things that happened in 2009, but then I realized it might turn out exactly like my list of things I was thankful for this year. Oh well, I still feel like doing a New Year's post, so you guys can just be refreshed on what exciting things happened this year! Maybe I'll be able to think of 12 things - 1 for each month of the year.
1. January - Fun Time At My House Lol X2 happened where Corey, Hope, and Whit came to spend the week at our house lounging around, playing nerts, watching the entire season of Flight of the Conchords, and me failing at making food for everyone. Oh yeah and letting my car loose so it and all of my friends inside could crash into the wall at the parking garage.
2. February - Whit and I celebrated 2 years of dating at the neXt conference, where we both decided to apply to intern with Cru.
3. March - Phish reunited! Whit and I got to see them all 3 nights they played at Hampton Coliseum, and it was truly a life-changing experience and the best day of our lives thus far. Also, over spring break Evan, Whit, Corey, and I headed down to our Georgia house for a chill spring break. (I had been trying to take people there for SO long so I'm really glad it finally happened!)
4. April - Whit and I got accepted to work for Cru! We also went to the intern kickoff weekend (or maybe that was in May...I can't remember). Also I think that was the month that our accountability group had an excursion and bonding trip to Lynchvegas.
5. May - I graduated from Virginia Tech with a Bachelors of Arts in Economics and with honors. I achieved the GPA I aimed for and worked very hard my last year, so I'm proud that I finished strong. I also got to graduate with Whit! Oh and I got to sit in the front row at the graduation ceremony in Lane. And I can't forget my friends' adventurous nights that we had trying to check things off our list before we left.
6. June - I got to visit Sherri and Sarah in Lynchburg before they took off on big summer trips to China and Peru, respectively. Whit and I also traveled to Asheville and Knoxville for two great Phish concerts. God continued to provide so much for me by allowing me to get a ticket to the Asheville show an hour before the show started, and then it proceeded to be the best show for me to go to, based on the songs played. Thanks God! :)
7. July - one of my best friends (Danielle) got engaged!! I am so excited for her and can't believe she is getting married first. I also finished raising all of my support early! Praise the Lord!!!
8. August - Tons happened in August - I became officially employed with Campus Crusade for Christ, took a much-needed vacation to GA with my parents, started this blog, went to STINT briefing in Colorado (where I made a ton of friends who currently live all around the world and also where I got a great refresher for my faith), I had one going-away party and went to another, and I turned 21 and for my birthday Whit took me to VA Beach and to a Dave Matthews concert.
9. September - I moved south to Maracaibo, Venezuela! The hardest thing I have ever had to do since I didn't know a single person there or what the city would be like at all. I settled in, read a lot, and had some saddening cooking experiences.
10. October - We made some good friends with interested girls on campus and have been hanging out with them since them and sharing the Word with them. Also Jen Smoker came to visit which was extremely encouraging.
11. November was so busy! I went on a mission trip to San Cristobal (which I LOVED) and thus had my first night bus experience (which I did not love so much), we had our staff conference (which was great), I celebrated Thanksgiving in a foreign country and tried new American foods that I'd never had the courage to eat before but ended up liking, and went to ARUBA (which was the best vacation I've ever had).
12. December - Ministry slowed down a lot due to Aruba and then classes ending. We had a really fun Christmas party, and then got the rest of the month off for a break. I got to go to the US (Florida Keys) to visit with my family, and Whit came along for a week! It was so refreshing and awesome to see everyone. It gives me a lot of hope for the rest of this year, because being "home" made the past 4 months not seem so long, and I know the rest of my time will go by fast as well. Oh I also celebrated New Year's in Venezuela! Apparently it is supposed to be really awesome, with fireworks going off all around the city that we can see really well since we're so high up, but I was mostly annoyed with the fireworks since they went off ALL DAY and were SO loud. Oh well, at least I tried it!
Here's to a great 2010! I think it will be a great year, if not one of the best years, of my life. ;)
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You certainly had quite a year to remember! What a great recap. Glad we could share many happy memories together!
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe 2010 will be a fantabulous year for all! Praise the Lord for his many blessings!!!
If you could name 2009....what would you call it??
What an exciting year! Hopefully 2010 will be even better :)
ReplyDelete