I was counting on some good support appointment stories at the beginning of the summer, but as time went on, appointments were very comfortable and normal, and I haven't had any crazy stories to tell. However, that doesn't mean that God hasn't been working miraculously to provide financial support for my trip! And I do have a few weird stories.
One day Whit and I went around to some Sunday School classes at our church to briefly share about our ministries in hopes of getting more contacts. All of our meetings went really well. Until our last class. I had been starting off sharing about VT and Cru and what we do, and then sharing a bit about the organization, and then reading a verse that shares what Cru's goal is. However, this time, even though I had been saying the same thing in every other class, I went completely out of order and nothing i said made sense at all. I didn't go into as much detail and kept saying the same things over again. It wasn't organized and I wasn't sticking to what I had normally been saying, and I kept saying just weird stuff. At one point i said "we do evangelism on the campuses" instead of saying that we do evangelism to students. Ugh, it was not good.
Once I started sharing about Cru it made more sense, but then I went to read the verse, and I guess I was just thinking about how bad everything was at first (and I was relieved that I was just reading a verse and nothing could really go wrong since I was just reading) and I started laughing/my voice was cracking. When I finished the verse, I was supposed to explain it, but I had that nervous feeling like I was gonna start crying so I just looked at Whit for him to say his thing instead of trying to wrap up what the verse meant. I felt so awful because this was the biggest class we had spoken to, and some people I had already talked to were in there, and I felt like such a fool! I didn't want them to think I was laughing because that is so immature! But really nothing was funny; it had to be a spiritual attack, especially since the class we had shared with before that one went really well. When we left the room Whit was like what happened?? Why were you laughing? But hopefully no one else noticed! Fortunately, it doesn't matter what we say or how we say it, because the Holy Spirit works through us in ways that go beyond words. :)
The other story is actually a dream. In the dream I thought to myself, wow finally a funny support story to tell! And then I woke up and still thought it was funny, so I suppose I'll share. In the dream I was driving to Whit's house. I went into his house, but the colors were different from what I was expecting and there were a bunch of old women in the kitchen. I started eating some pizza, and then I realized I wasn't sure if I was in the right place. I asked them which side of the neighborhood I was on, because in the dream there were 2 parallel sides of the neighborhood that had the same houses, and I must have gone to the wrong one. Whit was also in there eating pizza, but he hadn't realized yet that we were in the wrong place, so I told him we needed to leave.
When we were leaving, the ladies called to us that we should come back inside because they were about to do the celebrity rubber dance. So we went inside and they played some music and we tried to dance like celebrities, but had to shake like we were made out of rubber. It ended up being a lot of fun, and everyone was dancing really well, including me, even though they kept telling me I was doing it wrong. We were about to leave again, but everyone kept examining Whit's tattoo, which was in the center of his belly, and was really just a scar. They said that it was Christian Bale, except that there were dots surrounding it so it was Christian hail. Then they moved my hair from my shoulder and saw my tattoo, and asked why I hadn't shown it to them. I told them I forgot I had one. Then I wondered if I really had a tattoo or not, and decided that I must have drawn it one day. Then I looked at it and it was also a scar. I don't think we ever actually had a support appointment in the dream, but I wanted to call it one.
Previously in the dream, I was driving around my old neighborhood, and noticed that all the signs were in Spanish really big, and had to look really hard to find the English signs. They also changed the speed limit to 45 in most places, and in some places it was 60mph!! I wondered how they could possibly change the speed limit from 25 to 60, and was sad because I knew that a lot of kids would die if cars were going that fast through the neighborhood.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hahaha oh my goodness you will forever be the one with the weirdest dreams! i miss talking about our dreams every day!
ReplyDeleteteach me the celebrity rubber dance!!
ReplyDelete